Salsa-Central was an online Salsa and Latin Music and Dance Magazine, that ran from early 2007 to 2013 and was founded by Mel C and Steve Bridger.
The website featured the latest news, music and event reviews, video and written interviews, a shop, directory, dj playlists, and more.
See our blog posts HERE for some of the archived content that has been recently re-posted.
The website eventually stopped when we moved into the group exercise industry, but will forever have a fond place in our hearts.
We prided ourselves on providing quality, regularly updated content, that was facilitated by our team of core contributors and our regular trips to the USA and beyond.
Highlights over the years include;
- The annual Salsa Central Weekender, that ran in June in Wolverhampton and sold out every year. The weekender featured over 60 hours of classes in multiple formats and levels, international as well as UK instructors, 3 party rooms on all 3 nights with after parties until 6am, vendors stalls selling everything from dance shoes to music and holidays, performances each night, and so much more
- The monthly Salsa-Central parties in Birmingham
- Interviewing some of the top Latin artists (Musicians and Dancers) in the world, including Eddie Palmieri (Grammy award winner), Oscar Hernandez (Grammy Award Winner and leader of the Spanish Harlem Orchestra), Larry Harlow (Fania All Star and Grammy Award Winner), Jimmy Bosch, New Swing Sextet, Papo Ortega, and many many more
- Providing marketing support to various CD releases, including producing press releases and liaising with global publications.
- Running the annual UK Salsa Awards, attracting well over 10,000 voters each time.